[Tutorial] Custom Gimp Splash Screens ::
March 19, 2012 at 11:42 am EDT
Adding custom Gimp splash screens is surprisingly easy. Today, we’ll cover this super simple process!
- Create the new directory:
- Under Linux, Gimp 2.6: ~/.gimp-2.6/splashes
- Under Linux, Gimp 2.7: ~/.gimp-2.7/splashes
- Under Windows, Gimp 2.6: C:\Documents and Settings\’your username here’\.gimp-2.6\splashes
- Under Windows, Gimp 2.7: C:\Documents and Settings\’your username here’\.gimp-2.7\splashes
- Under Mac OSX: /Users/’your username here’/Library/Application Support/Gimp/splashes
- Place splash images in the new ‘splashes’ folder. You can put multiple images in, and Gimp will pick one randomly at start-up!
- Restart Gimp and bask in glory with the new splash screen in place!!